Find an EcoPoxy Retailer
Calculate the Amount of FlowCast® You Need for a Project
Figuring out how much FlowCast® you need for a project just got a whole lot easier with our EcoPoxy® Volume Calculator!
FlowCast® is a casting epoxy resin recommended for pours of 13-38 mm (0.5-1.5") per layer. Its clear qualities mean it can be used on its own, or it can be combined with pigments to create custom colors and effects, making it a popular choice for many projects.
Now, with our new EcoPoxy Volume Calculator, you can take the guesswork out of how much product you need and focus on the creation of your project instead!
How to Measure
Measure the length, width, and depth of the area the epoxy will fill, taking into account any holes or gaps in the wood or casting object.
- If your project is a perfect rectangle, input your measurements into the calculator to get the estimated volume required.
- If your project is uneven, measure the space at multiple intervals and take the average measurement of the space. If you have a decimal number we recommend rounding up your number to account for variations in your measurements.
No complicated calculations or guessing anymore. The EcoPoxy Volume Calculator now does the work for you!
Important Tips for Casting Projects
- FlowCast can be poured 13 - 38 mm thick (1/2" - 1.5") per layer.
- For pours of 30L volume and 1.5" thick, do multiple thinner layers/pour to prevent overheating. The chemical reaction of curing epoxy releases heat!
- Dissipate heat by using fans that blow across the curing epoxy.
- For smaller projects with thinner pours, try using FlowCast® SPR. Simply select FlowCast SPR in the Volume Calculator dropdown menu, enter your dimensions, and the Calculator will recommend a FlowCast SPR kit size that's right for your project!
While FlowCast® will not shrink during curing under normal conditions, the EcoPoxy Volume Calculator includes an additional 5% in the calculated volume required for the project. This extra 5% is to ensure the target pour depth is met by addressing the following considerations:
- FlowCast® will fill cracks and voids in the wood and other items included in the pour
- To accommodate minor measuring inaccuracies entered into the calculator by the user
- To provide a slightly thicker pour to ensure sufficient material for surface finishing operations (i.e. plane and sand)
For more information on building a river table, watch our video tutorial.